No one wants to deal with a plumbing emergency, but it’s always a good idea to be prepared. By having the right plumbing tools on hand, you can save yourself time and money by fixing minor problems yourself.
Here are some of the most important plumbing tools that every home owner should have:
- Plunger: A plunger is essential for clearing clogged drains. Make sure you have a plunger for both sinks and toilets.
- Adjustable wrench: An adjustable wrench is a versatile tool that can be used for a variety of tasks, such as tightening or loosening nuts and bolts.
- Pipe wrench: A pipe wrench is a specialized tool that is designed for gripping and turning pipes.
- Drain snake: A drain snake is a long, flexible tool that can be used to clear clogged drains.
- Tongue-and-groove pliers: Tongue-and-groove pliers are a type of pliers that have a flat, serrated edge that is designed for gripping and bending pipes.
- Hacksaw: A hacksaw is a saw that is used for cutting metal pipes.
- Tubing cutter: A tubing cutter is a tool that is used for cutting plastic or rubber tubing.
- Plumber’s tape: Plumber’s tape is a type of tape that is used to seal threaded pipe joints.
- Caulk gun: A caulk gun is a tool that is used to apply caulk.
- Flashlight: A flashlight is always a handy tool to have on hand, especially in the event of a plumbing emergency.
By having these basic plumbing tools on hand, you can be prepared for any plumbing problem that may arise.